giving the world a peek into my kitchen...

Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stir-fried Mushrooms

When I first started cooking, I only cooked vegetable dishes. Mom would make the curry and meat dishes, and I'd prepare a simple vege dish. This is one of my family's favourite.

Ingredients:
Oyster mushrooms - 1 packet
Onions (sliced thinly) - 1/2
Garlic (chopped) - 3 cloves
Dried chillies - 3
Curry leaves (cut into 1 inch lengths) - 5-6
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

Heat some ghee (alternatively, you could also use vegetable oil) in a frying pan and add in the mustard seeds followed by onions, garlic, dried chillies and curry leaves. Stir briefly, then add turmeric powder and salt.
Add mushrooms and stir occasionally until the mushrooms are cooked. Dish out and serve!


No comments: