giving the world a peek into my kitchen...

Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hot and Spicy Tempeh

My aunt's maid prepared this dish last week. I liked it so much, I had to stop myself from finishing everybody elses' share.
For those not familiar with tempeh, tempeh is made by fermenting soy beans into a cake form. Normally cooked chopped or crumbled, it is known to contain high sources of protein and is suitable for vegetarians.
I attempted kakak's version of tempeh at home today.
A very, very simple recipe! You can whip this dish up in about 15 minutes.



Ingredients:
Tempeh
(cut into small pieces) - 2
Bird's eye chili - 5-6
Onions (sliced thinly) - 1
Garlic (chopped) - 3 cloves
Thick soy sauce - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

Heat some oil in a pan and fry the tempeh. Set aside.
Sautee onions, garlic and bird's eye chili in a little oil until fragrant.
Put in the tempeh and stir. Add sugar, thick soy sauce and a little salt.
Continue to stir until everything is well mixed.
Dish out and serve with some warm rice!



P.S: Please excuse the blur photos. Photos were taken using my handphone.

No comments: