giving the world a peek into my kitchen...

Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Fried Chicken

I still haven't mastered the art of frying chicken well :( I like my chicken to be juicy and tender inside with a crispy crust, but my versions somehow end up a tad bit dry. Guess I'll just have to keep trying! Here's my fried chicken recipe..



Chicken pieces - 10-15 (I like to keep the pieces small, but it's really up to you.)
Onion - 1/2
Ginger (crushed) - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
Chili powder - 2 tbsp
Thick coconut milk - 1/8 cup
Curry leaves
Salt
Pepper

Blend the onions and ginger into a paste. Mix all the ingredients with the chicken pieces and keep aside. Heat up some oil and deep fry them until golden brown.



Updated: Someone told me that the secret to tender juicy fried chicken is the oil temperature. The oil has to be really hot but not too hot that it burns the chicken. :)

No comments: