giving the world a peek into my kitchen...

Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stir-fried Long Beans

Every time my mom asks me to cook some vegetable for dinner, I normally look for beans or cabbage in the fridge. Both are easy to cook and they go well with Indian curries. This long beans recipe is particularly good with fish curry. It requires minimal ingredients and I have cooked this just too many times.



Ingredients:

Long beans (cut diagonally)
Onions (chopped) - 1
Garlic (crushed) - 2-3 cloves
Grated coconut - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5-6
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Heat some oil in the pan and put in the mustard seeds.
Add onions, garlic and curry leaves.
Next, add in the coconut and turmeric powder along with a pinch of salt.
Put in the long beans and stir occasionally till the beans are cooked.
Add a dash of pepper and adjust salt levels.
Tadaaa.. It's ready to be server along with some rice and curry.

No comments: