giving the world a peek into my kitchen...

Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Minced Basil Chicken


A very simple yet tasty dish! My 8 year old cousin loved it. I made hers minus the chillies :)


Ingredients:
Chicken (minced) - 100g
Tofu (minced) - 1
Shallots (diced) - 1
Garlic (diced) - 3 cloves
Bird's eye chili - 2
Basil leaves - 4-5
Lime leaves (slit) - 2
Fish sauce - 1 tbsp
Dark soy sauce - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste


Heat the wok with oil and add in the shallots, garlic, and chillies. Stir awhile before adding in the minced chicken and basil leaves.
Add fish sauce, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper. When the chicken is almost cooked, and in the minced tofu and lime leaves. Continue to stir.
Check for salt and spice levels. Dish it out on some warm rice.

2 comments:

amna said...

my fave Thai dish!

My Kitchen and Me said...

Nags: A nice blog you have there! My mom would love your Kerala recipes :)