giving the world a peek into my kitchen...

Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fish Fritters



I came across a recipe for Thai Fish Cake online but I didn't have all the ingredients needed. Instead, I had an idea to make my own fish fritters with what I had and it actually turned out pretty well.

Ingredients:
White-fleshed fish fillets - 500g
Coriander leaves (chopped)
Onions (chopped) - 1
Ginger (grated) - 1 tsp
Fish sauce - 2 tbsp
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into chunks and place in a bowl. Mesh it up a little. Add remaining ingredients; onions, coriander leaves, ginger, corn flour, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Mix them well.
Heat up some oil in a pan. The mixture will be very sticky so it's best to scoop it with a spoon before dropping it into the oil.
Once brown, drain the fritters onto a plate lined with paper towel. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.

No comments: